The sell-out Women's Start-Up Programme, Her Biz, is launching in Margate!
Are you thinking about starting a business? Need some help and support to get going?
Now's your chance - the sell-out Women's Start-Up Programme is launching in Margate this November!
Every programme across East Sussex and Kent has been a sell-out so far, so register your interest now.
What's it all about?
To make entrepreneurship more accessible for women and to increase support for female start-ups locally, Let’s Do Business, the Local Growth Hub and NatWest have teamed up to provide a programme for women to overcome some of the barriers they face when thinking about starting a business.
Her Biz is an inspiring business support programme designed specifically for women in East Sussex and Kent to start and establish their own businesses.
The course in Margate runs over 3 group sessions with talks by inspiring female entrepreneurs and further one-to-one mentoring sessions with our expert business advisers. The group will be approx. 10-15 women.
All the services delivered under this scheme are FREE of charge as they are part-funded by NatWest and the European Regional Development Fund.
The programme includes help with:
- Creating a vision for your business
- Learning about the skills and mindset required to start your business
- Overcoming the barriers to starting a business
- Researching your market
- Exploring your business model
- Developing your business plan
- Defining your own target audience
- Developing a brand strategy and marketing plan
- Social media and PR
- Peer mentoring with like-minded people curious about starting a business
- Everything financial/It is all about the money. Pricing and marketing offers, cash flow forecast, the breakeven point
By the end of the course, you will have increased your confidence, developed your business skills and created a business plan. On completion, the applicant with the most promising business plan will WIN £1000 towards the cost of setting up their business.
6 November 2019, 10:00 - 14:00
12 November 2019, 10:00 - 14:00
20 November 2019, 10:00 - 14:00
Final prize giving event - 4 December 2019
Closing date to apply: 23 October 2019
Are You Eligible?
To be eligible to apply for the Her Biz programme (commencing November 2019) you must be a woman and:
- Be thinking of starting a business
- Can be currently employed or unemployed
- Have a business idea, but not be registered with HMRC or Companies House, or be trading. (If you have registered your business or are trading, you can still benefit from Business Growth Service for existing businesses).
- Be able to commit to all 3 workshops within the period of the course
- To undertake a telephone interview in order to be accepted onto the programme